LPSCC Draft Positions
Following are position statements drafted by members of the LPSCC Platform Committee, to be considered for adoption by the central committee. They are not yet official positions of the county party.
We promote an immediate end to all centrally-imposed housing mandates for California communities.
Mandates about all land-use policy imposed from non-local authorities strip communities of prerogatives to control land use on a local scale, where it can only be fully in the hands of the people if it is to have any fit with unique local conditions. Adventures in new kinds of housing quotas have been brought in recently with the passage of SB9, SB10, together with the A.B.A.G. quotas in the SF bay area. Housing construction quotas imposed by government are always anti-liberty.
We believe only rational housing policy that can at best take place is at the level of the community of residents living within the neighborhood where the policy is enacted, where residents involved in local land, local materials, and local conditions can rule reasonably.
Commentary, Support Material, and Other Resources
May not represent official positions of the Libertarian Party of Santa Clara County unless so indicated.
- California HCD and mandated housing elements
- Atherton Challenges to HCD Mandates
- Rebellious Atherton To Consider Self-Certification of Housing Element
- Four California Cities File Lawsuit to Stop SB-9
- City of Palo Alto could face a tall penalty if it doesn’t meet state housing requirements
- Palo Alto Sued Over Delay In Adopting Housing Plan
- California's Soviet-Style Housing Mandates Should End Now
- Lawsuit Challenges Seattle's Mandatory Housing Affordability Law That Makes Housing Unaffordable