The 2022 General Election will be held in November -- but it's time to start getting ready!
Are you registered to vote? Register Libertarian to show your support for our principles and our candidates.
This is when almost all city and other local offices will be up for election!
Have you ever thought about running for office? This is the time! The filing deadline for most local offices is 12 August.
Candidates for partisan offices like Congress and the state legislature, as well as for positions in the county government and the city of San Jose, must file for the primary election (which has already taken place this year). But for all other cities and local districts in Santa Clara County, the election is held in November of even-numbered years, and the filing period is NOW. The opportunity to run for these offices only comes up once every two years. If you think you might be interested, contact us at [email protected] for more information.
Propositions and Ballot Measures
There will be both statewide propositions and measures proposed by local governments on the ballot this November.
Libertarian Party of Santa Clara County Positions on Ballot Measures:
- NO on Los Gatos business tax increases
- NO on Morgan Hill zoning restrictions
- NO on Palo Alto business tax
- NO on Santa Clara business tax
- YES on Saratoga term limits
- NO on Alum Rock Union School District bonds
- NO on Campbell Union School District bonds
NO on Campbell Union High School District parcel tax
- NO on East Side Union High School District bonds
- NO on Loma Prieta Joint Union Elementary School District parcel tax
- NO on Oak Grove School District bonds
- NO on Patterson Joint Unified School District bonds
- NO on Union School District bonds
Note: These measures have not yet been assigned letters (Measure A, Measure B, etc.). This page will be updated when that happens (mid-August).
If you would like to help us with campaigns relating to these measures, contact us at: [email protected]