The 2022 General Election will be held in November -- but it's time to start getting ready!
Are you registered to vote? Register Libertarian to show your support for our principles and our candidates.
This is when almost all city and other local offices will be up for election!
These local governments have power over your life, through the regulations they adopt, the amount of money they take from you through taxes, and how they spend that money. Help keep them under control by voting for the candidates who promise to tax less, spend less, and generally leave you to live your life in peace.
Propositions and Ballot Measures
Libertarian Party of Santa Clara County Positions on Ballot Measures:
- NO on Measure A - Morgan Hill zoning restrictions
- YES on Measure C - Saratoga term limits
- NO on Measure E - Patterson Joint Unified School District bonds
- YES on Measure F - Milpitas term limits
- NO on Measure G - Santa Clara utility funds transfer
- NO on Measure H - Santa Clara business tax
NO on Measure I - San Jose charter amendments package
- NO on Measure J - Los Gatos business tax increases
- NO on Measure K - Palo Alto business tax
NO on Measure L - Palo Alto utility funds transfer
- NO on Measure M - Loma Prieta Joint Union Elementary School District parcel tax
- NO on Measure N - East Side Union High School District bonds
NO on Measure O - Campbell Union High School District parcel tax
- NO on Measure P - Oak Grove School District bonds
- NO on Measure R - Union School District bonds
- NO on Measure S - Alum Rock Union School District bonds
- NO on Measure T - Campbell Union School District bonds
Note: The LP SCC has not taken positions on Measures B and D.
Libertarian Party of Santa Cara County Positions on Statewide Propositions:
NO on Proposition 26 - gambling regulation
- NO on Proposition 27 - online gambling with new tax
- NO on Proposition 28 - more state spending on schools
- NO on Proposition 29 - increased regulation of kidney dialysis
- NO on Proposition 30 - income tax surcharge
- NO on Proposition 31 - prohibition of flavored tobacco products
Note: The LP SCC has not taken a position on Proposition 1.
If you would like to help us with campaigns relating to these measures, contact us at: [email protected]
Candidates for Non-Partisan Offices
The Libertarian Party of Santa Clara County endorses the election of the following candidates for local office:
- Linda Chavez for Alum Rock Union School District